The house looks like a bomb has hit it thanks to a couple of weeks of ".... just leave it, I'll sort it... no really... just walk away and I'll see to it....". I think I now know how parents feel when all the kids go to camp all at once. Except here, it's the parents who've gone.
I have such plans.
- decluttering the entire house
- power-hosing all the paths
- painting all the fences
- replanting the garden and tubs
- filling the freezer with meals to feed us for months
- entertaining every night
- paint that bedroom
- source the fabric and make new curtains
... I plan to eat without consultation as to what others fancy, lose at least 20 pounds, have a daily walk for miles on the beach and have a three hour quiet time every day. Oh yes, and order the book for book club and have it read by the time the folks are back.
It's only a week... but a girl can dream huh?
Now, where to start... maybe a cup of tea and a list.