I'm in heaven...tra..la

Ok, the title's a lie, I'm really in Pennsylvania, but hey, if you know how much I love drinking tea and visiting quilt shops, you'll get the drift and let me tell you, it's been great since the moment I stepped on the plane!  

Yes I know, I moaned the whole way home from Spain, and grumped most of the flight from Portugal but I had SPACE this time.  Two whole big fat empty seats beside me which meant I could kip whenever I felt so inclined. Yeah!  And to satisfy the geeky bit, I taught myself backgammon on the touch screen do-dah in front of me and got even with the computer, (after about 20 games... I'm a slow learner).

And now, I'm in temporary residence with my friend and her family.  Jen and I have known each other since we were in single digits when she started visiting her grandmother in Northern Ireland, and we've been the best of chums ever since.  I love being here and catching up and enjoying the fun and endless tea with her, her Lebanese husband and four children (20, 15, 13, 5). 

For a news junkie though, (professionally speaking of course) I had a famine through the start of the week so have had to sneaky peek at the web to find out The Results. (Thanks BBC News team - keep it up guys!)  The camp under this roof is somewhat divided (an Irish/Lebanese split) so we don't talk about it ;o)

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Great to see "old" friends again - isnt it?!

    How long will you be gone?

    Enjoy yourself and I look forward to following through the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time. Hopefully you are taking of lots of photos to share with us all when you get back! How long are you gone for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy doody pardner :-)

    Don't go starting any revolutions, or should that be resolutions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Glad you had a safe journey! Enjoy your stay ( and the tea and the quilts). The kids are missing you but they're so chuffed they can e mail! (as you already know! ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Parts of Pennsylvania are beautiful!If you feel like wandering and visiting some more, we are just a tad southwest of there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wondering ... did you go on a one-way ticket??? :-p

    ReplyDelete