aargghh...

My mememememe as requested by Ali, who's going to promise never to do this again to me!!!!!!  (Hear me do ya?)  But in the spirit of the season...  good wils an all that jazz:
8 TV shows I watch (if this is my editor reading this... it's being ghost written by a non-BBC employee on my behalf.  Clue - IT'S WHY I DO RADIO.........)

  1. the News, and uh....
  2. the News on another day and so on.  (In fact, I might "see" the news maybe once or twice a month.)






8 favourite restaurants:

  1. 1608 in Bushmills.
  2. The Bushmills Inn.
  3. Pier 36 in Donaghadee.
  4. Amazing 66 in New York.




8 things that happened to me today:

  1. a friend from work called to visit
  2. we struggled our way through half portions of Christmas dinner in the local greasy spoon at lunchtime... a rehearsal for Thursday
  3. I shopped.  On a Sunday.  Waiting for the lightening... but it was for antibiotics from the pharmacy, so maybe that's ok?
  4. we were so early for the "candles by carol-light" at church, I had time for a little doze before the service started.  Am hoping anyone who noticed assumed I was deep in prayer. 
  5. I started to make fudge at 1145pm.
  6. The fudge took a while so I made cranberry confit to go with the Christmas turkey. 
  7. When the fudge and the confit were ready, I stuffed dates.  I hear you.  Life's too short.
  8. I made the mistake of opening my emails and having a blog wander before bed.  It's now 1.38am.

8 things I look forward to:

  1. bed!
  2. having "the l'il guy" here all day tomorrow
  3. finishing the quilts I'm making for Christmas
  4. (sort of...) going back to work in the middle of January
  5. curling up with a book and a toasty fire
  6. the Good Book club
  7. book and pudding circle
  8. catching up with friends home for Christmas

8 things I wish for:

  1. a clean bill of health for all my friends and family in a season of bugs
  2. Christmas day... with the family all here
  3. Boxing day... with the rest of the family all here
  4. the day after... with nobody all here!
  5. a cure for cancer, and in the meantime, a way to treat it that doesn't feel worse than the disease
  6. a vegetable garden that isn't full of clay and doesn't get blasted by salty sea winds
  7. everyone in the world to have a roof over their head, food in their belly, clean water to drink, and the warmth of friends and family in their lives
  8. for Maddy and all the missing children to be found safe and well and be returned to their loved ones and for the sickos that abducted them to find their dangly bits shrivel up and turn to ash at the stroke of midnight.

8 people I tag:

  1. None - my new year's resolution getting early exercise. 


Yeay.  All done.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Oh, well done Wils :-) Did I forget to say that the meme was optional - oh well ;-)

    Some comments:

    deep in prayer ... lol!

    if you like stuffing dates, I have a recipe that involves wrapping individual brussel sprouts in panchetta that life is also too short for

    delighted to hear you're going back to work (sort of ...)

    kids looking forward to seeing you boxing day, thanks for the offer :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali... twas a good-wils gesture...
    ('cept very often I pray with my eyes open - could be the giveaway?!)
    I thought life was only too short for turkeys.... s'pose there's no reason to leave Italian pigs out of the game. (Think about it......)
    Reserving judgement on the old work thing... gardening in deep clay sometimes seems preferable.
    Lol... you could slip in an extra half dozen and I doubt we'd notice! BTW - if you're free on the 27th, coastal walk and nosh with a natter appeal to the gang?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to the entire Wils household and beyond. Hope you have a great one, and speak soon

    Love Ali et al xxxx

    ReplyDelete