365:044 Brushing up against history...


One of those old fashioned things I don't do so often is polishing my footwear with wax and brushes, even though I love the smell of the tinned shoe polish. I've got lazy and generally use the bottles with an applicator sponge attached. The brushes we use were my granda's from his time in the RAF (1938 - 1945). His id number is cut into them, but doesn't show up on the pic. The brushes live in a wooden shoe caddy made by dad as a sample piece to inspire his woodwork class long ago... so doubly special. (New camera due on Monday so an end I hope, to blurred, wick pics.)

4 comments:

  1. New camera?? You don't think you're taking this project too seriously??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wils said...
    My first "real" camera (Pentax) is still going from 1980-something (though it's getting a bit knackered and it's huge). I've gone through 3 Fuji Finepix in the last 18 months and have just given up on them totally. A Sony cybershot point-shoot-and-leave-your-brain-at-home has been ordered. All glorious 14 gazillion pixels of it will be collected tomorrow... if I have time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this brush with the past. Very interesting! All the best for the new camera too - there'll be no stopping you now!

    ReplyDelete