The light was beautiful this evening when I nipped round to the harbour chippy.  A  sunny September day was giving way to a misty evening, the tide was out and there wasn't a breeze - does the Beaufort scale have minus numbers for super-still weather? 

It's a feast for the senses tonight too - the air tastes and smells tangy.  Salty.  The streetlights near the path to the beach are hazy through the mist and the sound of a fog horn hangs in the air.

This is 'my' little stretch of coastline at its autumnal best. 

Tonight, with windows wide open, I will snuggle under a quilt, ever thankful for family, food, clean water, health, a roof over our head and a safe, secure place to sleep.  

I'll fall asleep surrounded by the scents and sounds and sensations of a cool, misty, night by the sea. 

Enough is all that's needed, yet I have so much more.  I'm grateful.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Etta - thanks for following my blog and leaving a comment. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to meet you too Gillian. Thanks for popping by.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely piece of writing, Etta. I feel like I'm there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Etta. Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello. This is a lovely post, appreciating the simple beauties of life. Cx

    ReplyDelete