Ali's "died and gone to heaven" pudding

Just read Ali's blog and here's the recipe for the chocolate cheesecake.... (originally from another friend called Ali with a few Wils tweaks en route). HEALTH WARNING: this is seriously yummy, and seriously rich - a little goes a very, very long way. Also, I'm not great on quantities - I work more by instinct!

The base is the usual mix of crushed digestive biscuits, melted butter and if I'm not using chocolate digestives, then I add a couple of teaspoons of drinking chocolate powder. Any normal size of round tin/dish for cheesecake will do - an 8" tin will make a deepish pudding, so I use a slightly bigger tin for a shallower pud - this is one really rich boyo and a little is enough!

So, the filling:
  1. 200g tub of cream cheese (using Phili lite might reduce the decibels on your screaming arteries?)
  2. 50g icing sugar
  3. couple of bars of Green & Black's chocolate (about 200-225g?). I like the one with the orange and spice flavouring - the orig recipe says Galaxy, but hey - chocolate of choice.
  4. 250ml tub of double cream
  5. family bag of Maltesers - slightly smashed!

Melt the chocolate and while it's cooling slightly, mix the cream chese and icing sugar in another bowl.

Add the double cream to the melted chocolate then add this mixture to the cream cheese mix.

Stir in the maltesers and pour the whole whoopla over the biscuit crumb base.

Chill it in the fridge until about half an hour before serving.

I think it's really good served with a strawberry and raspberry mix as the fruit cuts the heck out of the sweetness - I usually blitz the raspberries (though sometimes I add a little sugar syrup if they're really tart), then seive the seeds out and pour the lovely fresh sauce over the strawbs.

Mega calories and always goes down with chocolate lovers. (And therefore not so bad for me as I only do chocolate in teeny quantities just to be polite!)

Enjoy.

2 comments: