cosying up....

So while channelling my inner Amish, I've been making jams (strawberry, then lemon and elderflower marmalade) and lots of cakes, elderflower cordial etc.  I joked on FB about quilting (but yes, that's in the basket being worked on) and barn raising (that WAS a joke) but there's also the crochet; a granny square rug (why do American friends call them Afghans?) and a SECRET project for my mother's birthday in a few weeks.

The happy hookers also went on tour - a friend and I were invited out to Spain to help with a musical project for a week, but the home we were staying in was owned by a couple of friends who live in Dublin.  This is relevant.  In Ireland they have a green, white and orange coloured tea cosy - the source of much amusement from friends (male especially) who lump it in with other girly things like cushions etc.  Shame on them!

To prove how useful they are (and to keep the craic going) I crocheted one in Spanish flag colours while in Spain.  Thanks to a lovely lady called Leah, I found a very useful pattern which, in normal fashion I tinkered about with on the bits I couldn't do or didn't understand!  Ta da!  Thank you Leah -  hope the earth quits rumbling for you really soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment