In the pink





It seems large chunks of Northern Ireland have gone pink this week in anticipation of the Giro d'Italia cycle race.  (Is that tautology at work?  Does everyone else in the world know what the Giro is?)  

Anyway, on my way home yesterday from the little lump of God's own country that is the beautiful Causeway Coast, there were pink decor bikes at the entrance to every village and town - and all along the wayside people were enjoying the joke.  Wish I'd had a proper camera with me - pink tractors, pushchairs etc.  

Shop windows had gone for all pink merchandise, but taking the biscuit really was the wag of a farmer who'd pinked half his flock of sheep.  I stopped to snap a pic with the phone's camera, so it's not great quality - but by the time I'd moved off, three other cars had stopped.  I can only imagine it's a plan to pre-dye the yarn for the biker's woolie jumpers.  Bella bella!  Not a baaaad idea really.

4 comments:

  1. love it! the pink sheep are hilarious! I wonder what they thought when the farmer changed their colour!

    Thank you for your comment, yes, this has certainly made me smile, and you are spot on, pink is my colour. I blame The Girl!

    Have a lovely week, and before I go, must just say how much I love your chair makeover. Looks gorgeous. I love painting furniture, makes such a difference.
    :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for dropping by Sadie - I didn't give the wee chair away in the end - couldn't bear to part with it.

      Delete
  2. I love those pink sheep! I wonder what they used, food coloring? How funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jennifer, goodness only knows - I'm sure it wasn't harmful to the sheep whatever it was - I thought it was great the farmer was entering in to the sprit of the whole thing. Nice to 'meet' you.

      Delete