Thankful moments.


I think we might have something to learn from our neighbours across the ocean when it comes to thankful things, so I'm pausing, inspired by Christine at A Colourful Life, to note what is bringing contentment and gratitude this week.

#1  Finding a home for two wee jumpers - I started knitting them for my 'soon-to-be' 3 nephew - but just got round to finishing them this summer.  He was 11 a few weeks ago.  A friend with two toddlers was grateful to have them and I was delighted to see them go to a good home.

 #2  The smallest member of the family who 'joins in' the conversation watchfully and feels entitled to 'take a pew' literally when we all linger round the table with a cuppa.

#3  Daffodils popping through earlier than ever - last year it was Christmas week and that was early.  I didn't even think to look to see until the yellow caught my eye so they've been out at least since November 12.  

#4  I'm thankful to have reached the end of a very busy few weeks on the road with work and grateful the next phase means staying at home to complete the work gathered up.  Now I can stay in my pjs all day if I want (I won't!) and flit between desk and kitchen all day filling up the teapot (I will!)  Bliss.

#5  Wood smoke.  Someone has a fire lit and the smell of burning wood hangs on the slightly damp air.  Sigh.

#6  Dried fruit in the cupboard for the Christmas cake - ready to make when the notion takes me.

#7  Groceries delivered to the door this evening.  It's only the second time I've ordered online ever,  but it's been an exceptionally busy few weeks and I'm exhausted.  Luxury.

#8  The smell of fresh laundry on a cool pillowcase.

#9  Hearing the rain on the window and snuggling in under the quilt.

#10  The quiet, contented breathing from a sleeping loved one who's been struggling with pain all day.


1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely list of small pleasures, I am particularly touched by your number ten and hope the pain will be less today. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and thanks for the mention. Have a good weekend xx

    ReplyDelete