Mood Hoovers....

...a lovely phrase I was introduced to this week. Mood Hoovers are people who suck the energy from stuff - peole who move into a room and the atmosphere just changes. You know the kind of thing? Anyway, I only know one and I've learnt to manage those encounters as best I can, but like being sick, having a "name" for the "problem" makes me feel better. Now anyone I know reading this is wondering if it's them! In a perverse way, that pleases me because now we'll all make an extra effort to bring a bit of sunshine with us everywhere we go! Yeay! No more Eyores!

Workaholic-the-former's list of 100 things amused me and I thought I'd have a go. It's proving to be very cathartic. I've made it to about 70 things... will post the whole hooley when it's done. It's amazing how many things a girl can find to pass the time these days. So far today I've added to the list, visited a friend's B&B to see how she does things and made a few muffins. The list of things I meant to do today is low on ticks.


Should I have explained that the "bored room" in the title is my study? Since leaving work (temporarily?) it's become a place to hang out when nothing of great importance needs attention. Bored is not a state of mind I've ever really known.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I read Ali's blog and came over here on her recommendation.

    I love this mood hoovers. I know way too many but now have a name for them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely to hear from you Nancy mon. I'm toying with changing it to a more specific "happy hoovers" - on the basis they suck the "happy" out of a room... but also it might sound less hurtful if they ever got wind of it....? I suppose some poor souls always have a half empty glass.

    ReplyDelete