and it just continues....

... with yet another sunny day. Is this our summer? Silly question - it's perfect exam weather as always - and when the official holidays start in July, we'll have rain everyday!

Mum, the lil' guy (19 months) and I spent the afternoon on the beach just splashing in the rockpools and jumping over the waves and poking for pretty stones and shells - all of which got chucked back into the water so we could say "plop". Long live innocence!

It does make me wish kids had more time to explore. I used to teach and it was as much about managing the classroom as it was about learning time. I've always had a feeling we squash enthusiasm for learning out of children instead of encouraging it. Home education has a lot going for it!












9 comments:

  1. smashing pics! who would believe blue sky and sea in the same photo in Norn Iron??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Live the pictures! Oh so beautiful is Ireland...

    Hey, did you notice I tagged you for a meme on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ali, it's ALWAYS sunny down at the coast! (ok... almost always... aw, sometimes?) It's bound to be bucketing tomorrow.

    Dana, I do live/love the pictures! And yes it is beautiful. Yey! Feel very honoured to be tagged. Oh the responsibility. All done and dusted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with your comments about education. I'm about to write a post about that very thing, after receiving a comment on my blog complaining that my kids are not receiving an education at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bree,
    Am amused that someone thought exploring a different country's history, geography, environment etc isn't education. What planet do you reckon they're from?

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, I Have no idea. But their comment, which I've deleted was "You do know that your children should be recieving at least three hours of home schooling a day and it doesnt look like they are at all." I suppose they are talking about sitting at a desk with text books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bree,
    now what's that line about education being "the art of opening minds rather than filling them"....?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I might use that in my blog post! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete