Tagged!

A first - I've been tagged by Dana. Once I found out what that actually meant, I stopped running. (Well, playing tag used to mean that when I was at school!) So here goes:

I love the smell of… the kitchen when mum’s making soup, just bathed toddlers, freshly dug soil… and Jeyes fluid.
People would say that I… make good cakes… I hope!
I don’t understand why…when I need to remember how a gizmo works, I still look at the blank wall where Ali’s husband once “drew” the explanation with his finger.
When I wake up in the morning… I “rehearse” the bits of the day I know about.
I lost my willpower to… resist turkish delight once I figured Aslan would sort it all out in the end.
Life is… worth living deliberately and out loud.
My past made me… fat. (Well have you ever tried saying “no” to an Irish granny or mummy with a tea pot and plate of food?!)
I get annoyed when I… see the vulnerable getting treated badly by selfish people.
Parties are not a good time to… throw up.
Dogs are… wonderful, when they live in someone else’s house and drop hairs over their rugs and chew their furniture and lift their getting-to-room-temperature eggs from the baking bowl and carry them every so carefully in their lovely-soft-Irish-setter-mouths to the front door for you to step on when you get back home. Huh.
Cats are… annoying furballs up there with wasps on the “why on earth did God create them” list.
Tomorrow is… uh, the day after today? Is this a trick question?
I have a low tolerance for…political waffle and media luvvies.
I’m totally terrified of… big crowds because when something goes wrong, the dynamic shifts and the whole thing is unpredictable.
I wonder why I thought my life would be…boring once I reached 30.
Never in my life have I… bought a lottery ticket, kissed a dog (I’ve seen where they lick), understood why anyone finds football interesting, wanted to follow anyone but Jesus, kissed the frog and found the prince.
High school was… a confusing American term until I realised it meant post-primary educational type place, in which case it was an irritating blip on my educational radar for seven years and not even slightly as enjoyable as primary school which was a five star blast.
When I’m nervous… I will probably wonder what the sensation is and may need someone to explain it to me.
One time at a family gathering… I discovered my normally quiet father and uncle had a past I didn’t know about. They sang (rebel) songs (normally enjoyed by a different community) – and knew all the words. Impressive!
Take my advice… only when your back is really up against the wall and you’re seriously stuck for what to do next.
I’m almost always…surrounded by people.
I’m addicted to… my family, Jesus, sewing projects (including the big fat secret one at the moment!)
I want someone to… suggest places I should visit on my round the world trip at the end of the year!

Go for it Laura and Ali - you're tagged.

11 comments:

  1. boys-oh, this could be tricky! I guess go for the firsth thing that comes into your head and stick with it ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks etta - now I know what tagged means!!! I am very new to this...how on earth do you tag people???? by the way, love your blog..talk soon. bye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ali, Scatty? You? (I read your answers.... remind me to position you near an open window at parties!!)

    Laura, glad you like it. I look forward to reading your answers now you've worked out what tagged means! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Question, what is Jeyes fluid?

    Another question, you hate football? American football? Or what we call soccer?

    No more questions...

    So glad you did this I am enjoying reading about you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana, Jeyes fluid - very smelly disinfectant that's used on just about everything. Almost like the smell of creosote.

    Football of the original variety... a medieval English monk said it was "undignified and worthless". They knew that even then, and STILL big boys want to run around a field chasing a ball. Now rugby's a different thing entirely. Rugby players have good legs and shoulders that fill shirts.

    Is American football sort of like lots of people actually playing cricket all at once, with face cages and lots of number shouting?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why not visit Denmark on your round the world tour at the end of the year...oh by the way, I don´t think I´ve got this tagged thing right....I´ll get back to you on that. bye

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you have time to visit anywhere in America, I would suggest The Grand Tetons of Wyoming and The White Sands of New Mexico (both totally dependent on the time of year though).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura,
    d'you know, I've never been to Denmark, or Sweden or Norway or Finland... very remiss of me - might just do that.

    Bree,
    will add those places to the pot too! Need to check out the time of year thing though - at the moment, docs permitting, am looking at a couple of months and home by Christmas. Am enjoying the tour with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found Denmark mediocre (Elsinore only interesting cos of Shakespeare) Copenhagen expensive! More interesting places to visit! Ancient cousin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah ancient cousin! Taking on board all comments - though it would be nice to see Laura again on her "new" home territory. Countries always more interesting when you know people there don't yout think? So where would you suggest for visits?
    me

    ReplyDelete