3 things? Boke, phones and JWs.

Last night finished late - sluicing out the ensuite after a very, very sick parent. Having hit the sack at 2am, (following a tiring six hour drive yesterday) it took hidden depths of calm this morning to explain to the other parent how the new hands free phone kit in the car worked. Long explanations and several demo calls in both directions later, I discovered she was still in the driveway... Hmmm.

Reassured that the poor father who tried the late-night regrouting of an ensuite was feeling better, I scampered up the stairs to answer a phone. Really, it's like carrying an umbrella to make sure it doesn't rain. If I keep the phone with me, no one rings, but as sure as heck as I leave it at the far end of the house, the world queues to talk to me.

Minutes to ponder and explore L's query ("would you like to be a music director in our church?") and having just hung up, the door bell went. Convinced it was the mother returning to check which button to push (she knows them all, believe me, but I'm talking phones here...), I practically slid down the banisters. At the door were two nice ladies from the local wing of the Jehovah's Witnesses. Hmmmm squared. Under instruction to come back for a chat someday soon... they ran for cover through the flowerbeds (artisic licence here - one of them tripped over a plantpot) and I scooted back up to get myself ready to go out.

Minutes later, I overshot the runway and missed the turnoff to M's house AGAIN (there are six roundabouts in a row) and had to motor up the dual carriageway, round the next roundabout and head back down. It always happens when you're late doesn't it?

The soundtrack playing was from "Oh Brother where art thou?"... "I'll fly away". Tempting, but I don't have the wings for it.

.

3 comments:

  1. Hope "the father's" feeling decidedly better!

    Our local JW's & mormoms don't call anymore. I think we've been blacklisted. I think it was Philip's last sermon at the door that did the job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is ta... though it did knock the stuffing out of him and quite scared him. I'm not sure he's ever been so violently sick before.

    Oh I'm looking forward to another visit! Bring it on... the longer we "chat" about the truth, the fewer souls they get to fish for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha now you know how I feel EVERY time I go to your house I go off at the wrong roundabout, and always a different wrong roundabout. You would think that by the law of averages I'd have hit the right roundabout at least once by now ....

    Glad you have started your indoor running up and down stairs training schedule for the Race. I hope to start warm weather training on Saturday :-)

    Hope dad feels a lot better and mum has sussed the phone.

    ReplyDelete