A new era.. with freedom of choice on the way

This week, all the stops were pulled to help two newborn British children survive. You can read the story here, but in brief, their mother went into labour 10 or 11 weeks early and in snowy, windy conditions, the nation's best went into action to bring them from the Isle of Lewis to a hospital in Glasgow and to care for them. Everything possible is being done to help the little girl and boy survive.
Tonight, our American friends have a new leader. He'll have many tough decisions to make over the next four years but at least one pre-election promise needs re-thought.
While doctors in Scotland "care for" these little ones, doctors in other clinics continue to "take care of" other babies.... in a very different way. President Obama has said that making it easier to kill babies is one of his priorities.... ok, maybe he didn't word it that way, but watch the video clips yourself and tell me how you read it. To clarify, when "choice" is mentioned in the clips, they're talking about a women's right to choose whether her unborn baby should live or be killed. The "Freedom of Choice Act" (FOCA) President Obama's going to make his priority, will make abortion much more available and with fewer rules.

1 comment:

  1. WOW...hi Wils from across the pond!... Thanks for visiting my Blog and commenting about Scripture Memory! I love Joshua 1:9, although I haven't memorized it word for word, it's in my heart from a Bible study I had done last year... Be Strong and Courageous... don't be afraid or discouraged, God is with you wherever you go.
    I LOVE GOD'S WORD!... You're right about the strength drawn from Scripture; so encouraging and powerful!

    As for this Post; As a nation and a world, we need to PRAY and PRAY HARD. It's going to be a scarey time. Instead of worry, I take comfort in knowing God is soveriegn and He is in control... He hears our prayers, so I PRAY... I PRAY HARD!

    BTW...I did not vote for Obama, was very bummed out he was elected, but must trust God and believe Him:

    "Make your motions and cast your votes, but God has the final say". Proverbs 16:33 (MSG)

    "Everyone must submit to the governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God." Romans 13:1(NLT) (emphasis mine)

    As for the issue of abortion... You hit it right on the nail head in your post, "Good news for Northern Ireland". Nicely written!

    Again, Thanks for visiting my Blog (I'm new to blogging!). I've enjoyed your Blog as well. I'll come back and visit!
    God bless your "Good Book Club"!

    Teri~
    in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA

    ReplyDelete