No big sticks!

Hi, new day in the diary, so "happy new day". I prefer that to "happy new year". It doesn't seem so daunting or set up for failure if you get my drift. No big sticks to beat myself up with.

I don't "new year resolutions" - somehow when the lose weight/get fit/become frugal/walk more/be kinder/pray more/study more/stop kicking cats/quit-drowning-slugs-in-booze routine falls by the wayside (by day 3), it sort of knocks the head of steam out of you a little. Having a "new day, fresh start" thing going, gives you a regular chance to start afresh.

So with that in mind, the "not eating any sweets" goal (which lasted 6 hours) can kick in again tomorrow can't it? And it'll not do any more harm to just finish the box of jellies. It's not all gloom though - the "walk more" got started ok. I walked to the car. And in again. Does that count?

"Find someone with a pulse to play backgammon with" is the next goal - s'got to be more fun than beating a computer .

2 comments:

  1. I agree...I've already been mean, not studied, kicked a cat (not really for any of the radical PETA readers who might be ready to attack) and drowned a slug in booze.

    With all that in mind, I simply take it one moment at at time.

    Happy New Day to you Wils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana... lol, just realised "drowning slugs in booze" could have several meanings! Lol oh lol. I meant the slimey variety that I coax into happy oblivion (to stop them eating my garden) with the assistance of a little stick, carrying board and cheap beer in a bucket! Oh lol lol lol. One day at a time girl!

    ReplyDelete