The Soggy Bottom folk

Awoke to a house that felt like a refugee camp - beds, bodies and "make do" everywhere. Lovely - just the way I like it. I escaped to play for a panto rehearsal (Oh no you didn't, oh yes I did) and that was short but sweet.

Now, when the forecast says "gale force winds and driving rain" and gives a "stong weather alert", you'd think sane adults would have more sense than to sit in the middle of it all, outdoors, watching 31 men hurtle round a field trying to stay warm. So I was reassured when Ali and Anon's other half said... the wind will get us, but not the rain...we won't get wet in our seats, never get wet there.... never in all these years. Except today.

Dreepin' ringing soaking puddle-bums the five of us were... like there was no roof over our heads. I've never really seen such persistant horizontal rain before, nor have I seen players take shelter behind the padded bit of the poley things (technical term), but hey! A good result. Well done Ali and co for ... re-enthusing me re rugby. I'll be back.... especially if Ulster keep winning ;0) Next time I bring a hip flask.

Now... cranium is planned at number 6. Hope they have the fire lit!

4 comments:

  1. We in rows 7 and 8 had no chance, especially when those we know who sit in row 15 were also getting rained on.

    just be thankful the owl didn't land on your head!

    PS poley things = uprights

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that really. (lies.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Etta
    Thanks for letting me know about Charlene and her computer probs. I was starting to get worried about her. I had sent an email and never heard anything...but then dad saw her last week in church and she said they had been sick as well...if you are talking to her can you tell her I am coming home and on the 7th February we are hoping to go to Speranez´s again. (Lorraine, Lisa, Ruth-fox, hopfully Julie, Lyn and Charlene and Rhonda) You are also very welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tata laura... will pass the message on... is Gavin's birthday that night so not sure... may do the family thing, but I'm sure you'll have a blast.

    ReplyDelete